- About us
The Advance is published by the The Ripon Society. Founded in 1962, The Ripon Society is a public policy organization that takes its name from the town where the Republican Party was born in 1854 – Ripon, Wisconsin. Guided by the spirit and vision of Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt, The Ripon Society was the first major Republican organization to support the Civil Rights Act in the 1960s, while in the early 1970s, the group made its mark by calling for trade with China before President Nixon’s trip to Beijing.
Today, one of the main goals of The Ripon Society is to promote the ideas and principles that have made our party – and our nation – great. These ideas include keeping America secure, keeping taxes low and having a federal government that’s not just smaller, but smarter and more accountable to the people. The Ripon Society also publishes the quarterly, Ripon Forum, a periodical dedicated to fresh ideas, well-researched proposals, and a spirit of criticism, innovation, and independent thinking.
Most Read Last 7 Days
- Burr, Bennet provision will level playing field for natural gas as alternative fuel
- Senate-House group introduces Defend Trade Secrets Act
- House bill would standardize vendor credentials at all VA medical centers
- Over-Criminalization bill targets obscure federal regulatory offenses
- Senate Ag Committee developing legislation to reauthorize federal child nutrition programs