- About us
The Advance is published by the The Ripon Society. Founded in 1962, The Ripon Society is a public policy organization that takes its name from the town where the Republican Party was born in 1854 – Ripon, Wisconsin. Guided by the spirit and vision of Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt, The Ripon Society was the first major Republican organization to support the Civil Rights Act in the 1960s, while in the early 1970s, the group made its mark by calling for trade with China before President Nixon’s trip to Beijing.
Today, one of the main goals of The Ripon Society is to promote the ideas and principles that have made our party – and our nation – great. These ideas include keeping America secure, keeping taxes low and having a federal government that’s not just smaller, but smarter and more accountable to the people. The Ripon Society also publishes the quarterly, Ripon Forum, a periodical dedicated to fresh ideas, well-researched proposals, and a spirit of criticism, innovation, and independent thinking.
Most Read Last 7 Days
- Blunt: Labor board ruling to hurt small-business franchise growth
- Blunt slams national labor board ruling on joint-employer status
- Roskam, Dold introduce bill to combat Medicare fraud
- Ellmers urges HHS to rescind new Medicare proposal for prosthetic care
- Hatch, Ryan again seek answers to Base Erosion, Profit Shifting project concerns